The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) is conducting consultations on its proposed cycling strategy. The strategy, which is a part of the government’s broader Climate Change Action Plan, is organized around five themes:
- Designing healthy, active, and prosperous communities
- Improving cycling infrastructure
- Making highways and streets safer
- Promoting cycling awareness
- Increasing cycling tourism
The government believes that increasing the number of cyclists in Ontario carries a number of benefits, from public health to environmental sustainability and economic development. Find out more about this consultation here, or review the government’s Cycling Strategy Action Plan.