Last week at the annual Association of Municipalities Ontario conference in Windsor, Minister of Economic Development and Growth Brad Duguid announced an expansion of Ontario’s Certified Site program. The program helps municipalities move through the industrial land certification process faster, paving the way for new development. Changes to the program include:
- Expanding eligibility to include smaller lands (currently must be 10 acres or more) within business and industrial parks
- Doubling the amount of eligible certification expenses reimbursed to municipalities, from $25,000 to up to $50,000
- Increasing the range of eligible expenses to cover the full certification process, including application, post-certification site changes and marketing activities
- Doubling the certification designation, from two to four years
- Introducing a pre-application consultation to help provide municipalities with quick answers to questions about the program before applying
Find out more about changes to the certified site program here.