The federal government is currently conducting consultations on planned federal accessibility legislation. The consultations, which are open until February of 2017, are centred on the following issues:
- feedback on the overall goal and approach;
- whom it should cover;
- what accessibility issues and barriers it should address;
- how it could be monitored and enforced;
- when or how often it should be reviewed;
- how and when to report to Canadians on its implementation; and
- how to raise accessibility awareness more generally and support organizations in improving accessibility.
You can find out more information about this consultation here.