The federal government is currently accepting applications for the Enabling Accessibility Fund. The fund is a federal Grant and Contribution (G&C) program that supports the capital costs of construction to improve the physical accessibility and safety of communities and workplaces. Applications can be made in either of the programs two project funding streams, including
The Workplace Accessibility Stream
- renovating, retrofitting or constructing workplaces in which job opportunities for people with disabilities could be created or maintained;
- retrofitting motor vehicles for work use; and
- providing information and communications technologies for work use.
The Community Accessibility Stream
- renovating, retrofitting or constructing community facilities where programs and/or services are or will be offered to people with disabilities;
- retrofitting motor vehicles used as community-based transportation; and,
- providing information and communications technologies for community use.
Applications are being accepted until July 26, 2016, you can find more information about this program here.