Applications are now open for grants under the federal government’s Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program (CIP 150). The program is designed for projects that will renovate, expand, or improve existing community and cultural infrastructure. Of the $150 million dedicated in the budget, $44.4 million is available for projects in southern Ontario.
Eligible projects must:
- fall under an eligible category and be proposed by an eligible recipient (municipalities, band councils, not-for-profits, for example);
- be for the renovation, expansion or improvement of existing community infrastructure assets;
- be open for use to the public and not limited to a private membership;
- leverage a minimum of 50 percent of funding from other sources. Priority may be given to projects that leverage 66.6 percent or more; and
- be substantially completed by March 31, 2018.
The application deadline is June 24, 2016, more information can be found here.