The province has released a series of regulatory proposals as part of Bill 73, the Smart Growth for Our Communities Act. These regulations include:
- Adding a requirement to the official record that is sent to the OMB following an appeal of a minor variance
- Revising an existing regulation to facilitate the implementation of new community planning permit systems
- Adding a transition regulation to set out rules for planning matters that are being processed at the same time that Bill 73 is proclaimed
- Revising an exiting regulation to require land use planning applications to include strategies for public consultation
- Enhancements to public notice requirements for various actions taken under the Planning Act
The final regulation, in particular, would modernize notice provisions, and give municipalities greater freedom to make use of digital technology, a change that AMCTO has advocated for.