On Wednesday January 20th AMCTO President Chris Wray presented the Association’s recommendations for the 2016 Ontario Budget before the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs during its hearings in Thunder Bay. Today, AMCTO is pleased to release its full 2016 Pre-Budget Submission.
AMCTO’s submission includes five recommendations that we believe will help to improve the operating environment for municipalities in Ontario. In particular, we would encourage the government to:
- Take the lead on a regulatory approach to the sharing economy
- Continue to invest in infrastructure
- Modernize and streamline regulation and provincial reporting
- Invest in capacity building and succession planning in rural, remote and northern municipalities
- Give municipalities access to new revenue tools
Read the full submission here.
For questions or comments, please contact Rick Johal, Director of Member & Sector Relations (email@example.com) or Eric Muller, Policy Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org).